Thursday, August 12, 2010

My Me time

Have any of you seen that commercial where different people say "My Me time is when....." I think it might be a McDonald's commercial, but I'm not sure. I guess that tells you how effective advertising is on me.

Anyway, I was thinking today how different my "Me" time has become since I've had children. My Me time tends to be when my baby is down for a nap and my preschooler is in the bathtub. (I don't just leave her unsupervised in the tub. Our house is small and I can hear her splashing and playing away in there!) Anyway, I actually get excited to have uninterrupted time to do a workout video, read some emails, or today-mop the floor. Not exactly what I would have considered Me time 5 years ago!

So I'm curious, what's your Me time???

4 comments:

stacibee said...

I've been training for a race over the last few months. LOVE running Me Time. Not only do I feel good physically afterwards, but I also get a few minutes ALONE. Good for the soul.

Linz said...

Running, or sitting down and watching a show that did not originate on Nick Jr., Disney Channel, or PBS Kids! Internet time is fun too. I'm having me time right now! I actually tend to stay up later than I should just so I can have Me time or We time (me plus hubby).

Claire said...

Work time is me time! When I'm editing photos or blogging, that is my relaxation time and I love it.

Liz said...

bed time is 7pm at our house. My husband has been away training all summer and so a few nights a week, I'll feed the kids, get the down to bed, and then settle down with a movie and my own dinner at 7. It's worth it to have time to wind down after a day of just them and me ALL DAY LONG!