Thursday, July 31, 2008
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
I'd say my favorites are Aida and Les Mis! Though I have a lot of close runner ups!
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Monday, July 28, 2008
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Monday, July 21, 2008
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Any insights to share? I am willing to pay up to $500, but of course would like to get by with less (my bike didn't even cost that much!). What brand/model do you have that you love?
How did everyone do last week? About trying something new with food? Report in a comment.
This week's challenge: Hydration!!! Drink at least eight 8 ounce servings of water each day. Soda, juice, etc. don't count.
What are some benefits of staying well hydrated?
- More energy, power and endurance
- Stay cooler, feel better
- Go farther and faster
- Work harder, burn more calories.
As you exercise, keep in mind the following hydration tips:
- Drink early -- about 2 hours before exercise.
- Drink often -- continually sip fluids rather than gulp them down infrequently.
- Add sport/energy drinks -- they help restore carbohydrates and electrolytes.
- Drink after -- Post-exercise hydration gets your fluid levels back to normal and can help with recovery.
- Finally, make sure your fluids are close at hand. When you're 2 miles into a hike, your water bottle is not much good to you sitting in your car.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
After reading the article in this month's Ensign about using the Internet to share the gospel, I decided to start my own blog to let my friends know how being a member of the church has blessed my life. My goal is to share my testimony and explain simple gospel principles through my own experiences. I would love it if you would visit my blog and let me know if you have any suggestions for my site (i.e. content and execution, topic ideas) Also, feel free to share this blog or any of my posts with your friends. Happy Blogging, Jocelyn
Monday, July 14, 2008
Saturday, July 12, 2008
I'm sorry for not posting challenges the last 2 Thursdays! I just moved to another state and had to wait for internet service. Anyway, now I'm back in full force and ready to issue another challenge.
Even though I am posting this challenge late I think we all can complete it before next Thursday. This week's challenge is to try something new with food. You decide what that means and report back next week. You could try a new fruit or vegetable. You could try a new recipe (hopefully low cal or low fat or in some way healthy). Try using whole wheat flour in your cookies or bread you make. Try switching to brown rice or whole wheat spaghetti.
This is an easy challenge (I am still unpacking...) and I look forward to seeing what we come up with!
Friday, July 11, 2008
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Good thing Jacob is my fave...
Monday, July 7, 2008
3 jumbo packs(40 count) of Pampers size 3 diapers (on sale this week for $8.49/each)
3 value packs (231 count) of Pampers wipes (not on sale for $5.99/each)
and a $5 target gift card
Thanks to coupons, manufacturer and target web coupons and the greatest blog in the world next to this one:
You can see how it is done under the entry Top Diaper and Formula Deals of the week.
I love coupons!
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Thursday, July 3, 2008
For August discussion: P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern
For September discussion: Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer (I don't know how many of you are Twilight fans... if not enough people have read the first three books, we'll change this book out, so let me know!)
For October discussion: Midwives by Chris Bohjalian
For November discussion: Persian Pickle Club by Sandra Dallas
For December discussion: A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle
Alright... that's all I've got for now! The one other book that was suggested a few times is A Thousand Splendid Suns, but it sounds like a bunch of you have already read that... do you just want to start a discussion on it right now, or are there enough people who haven't read it that it needs to be put on the list?
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
1. Most cars have an arrow pointing to the side of the car that the gas tank is on right where you read how full your tank is. My car actually doesn't have it, but most do!
2. You know how it's so hard to butter untoasted bread sometimes? When my husband makes grilled cheese, he puts the pat of butter in the warmed pan and then rubs the piece of bread onto the melted butter.
3. Lastly, for the perfect toddler banana hold, he peels the banana then cuts off the long peels with scissors.
Thanks for always making my life better, honey!
So what book did we decide we're going to discuss in August?