Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Elder Wirthlin Passed Away


From the LDS.org Newsroom:
SALT LAKE CITY 2 December 2008 Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin, the oldestliving apostle of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints,died last night, age 91.
Elder Wirthlin had gone to bed at his Salt Lake City home, and diedpeacefully at about 11:30 pm of causes incident to age. His oldestdaughter, Jane Wirthlin Parker, was present. A member of the familyhad been staying and caring for Elder Wirthlin, whose wife, ElisaYoung Rogers Wirthlin, died in 2006.
He had continued to work at his office right up until the Thanksgiving holiday.
Funeral arrangements will be announced.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Thanks for sharing this, I hadn't heard this yet. I feel especially touched this morning. Elder Wirthlin's talk "Come What May and Love It" in October's Conference was one of my most favorite talks by an apostle. I have listened to it numerous times since then, and have shared it with my non-member father who is battling cancer right now. Elder Wirthlin had such a sweet Spirit, and was very dear to my heart. His last address to the Saints will always hold a special place in my heart, because of what my family was going through at the time.