Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Neverending Topic!

I know we have had TONS of posts on potty training but I need to vent and get any other advice that is out there. My son will be 4 in August and we have tried potty training several times. He is very stubborn and it never worked. Well almost 4 weeks ago i decided to just buckle down and do it. So he has been in underwear for almost 4 weeks straight and still only goes to the bathroom when I make him. He has accidents when i forget to remind him. Which usually happens at least daily. Plus he always starts out pooping in his underwear and finishes on the potty. When he has an accidents his punishment has been he has to go on the potty 3 times before he can play computer. That doesn't seem to be working though. He just doesn't care. I don't really want to do punishments for bathroom because then it makes it even more of a battle but rewards don't work on him. He just tells me he doesn't want the said reward because he would rather not put the effort in to use the bathroom. I am literally losing my mind and quite honestly falling into a depressed funk over this. Any advice or words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated at this moment!

1 comment:

Margie said...

Hi, You don't know me but I was going through Joni's blogs and found yours. Anyway, my kids are older but my hardest to potty train was my last son who was nearly 4 at the time. We finally got into our house and I decided it was time. This son is "oppositional" to say the least but he would wake up clean and then poop in his underwear. I told him we were not going to buy any more diapers so he had to decide to use the potty. When he would poop he would want me to clean him up and I told him I didn't make the mess he should clean it up. After about 30 minutes of crying 3 days in a row he decided to use the potty. Now if I can just get him to graduate from High School!