Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Private Blog?

This post is for people with private blogs who love google reader, or have friends who love google reader, or who have friends with private blogs and love google reader. Have I confused you yet? :)

My husband and I love google reader! Its so nice just clicking a button and knowing which of the blogs you like to read have new posts. The problem is that google reader doesn't show private blogs, so you still have to individually check each of those blogs sporadically to see if they posted. I guess my husband and I are lazy people b/c we hate doing that. So what we did was pretty ingenious I thought, so I figured I'd share it with all of you in case any of you were interested. We have a private blog: thebaughfamily.blogspot.com. That is where we make all of our posts and such. We have a public blog: thebaughfamilypublic.blogspot.com and on that blog we link to all of our blog posts. So people can put our public blog on their google reader to know when we post, and then click on the link to take them right to our blog! Its not that much more work for us, and it keeps people reading our blog. (I don't think my family would otherwise...they're lazy like me. :) ) Anyway, I figured I'd share in case anyone might be in the same situation I was in. :)

Happy blogging.

6 comments:

Liz said...

I have seen that on other private blogs and I think it's great. I've also seen a very empty blog with an email address in case a long lost friend finds your blog and can email you to gain access to the private blog.

Linz said...

Genius!

Linz said...

Okay so I have a question. So after you write a post on your private blog, you just make a post on your public blog with the link to the private post?

Linz said...

Just checked out your public blog, I get it.

Linz said...

How about I leave four comments?

Anyway, thanks for the idea. I did this already last night.

Tiffany said...

Glad to help. :)