Saturday, October 25, 2008

Halloween!!

I just finished pulling together our costumes last night, and I'm anxious to hear what everyone else is being! And of course, I'd love to see pictures if you have them. I don't have pictures of ours, but as we are going to Disneyland next week for Mickey's Trick or Treat party, we went with a Disney theme.

Cecelia is being Nemo. I got a Nemo costume at the Disney Store after Halloween last year for just under $4! Paired with a cute orange and black Halloween outfit from Target and she's a pretty cute little fishy.

I'm being Tinkerbell. I went to Goodwill and bought a white tube top and white skirt. {I also bought a tan/skin coloured shirt so I will have the appearance of a strapless outfit} I found some $5 canvas ballet flats at Ross. I dyed the top, skirt and shoes green, cut the edge of the skirt so its jagged and attached big white pompoms to the shoes. Add wings and you've got Tink.

Scott is being Indiana Jones. His dad owns an Indy hat from Disneyland, so we went to Goodwill and got dark brown slacks and a tan shirt. Add a brown suede jacket Scott already owns and a pair of brown work shoes and he's a very convincing Indiana.


What about you girls? What fun costumes are you and/or your families wearing this year?

5 comments:

kristi said...

I will post pictures of our family tomorrow since we had our ward halloween party tonight!

The Schacher Family said...

Cedric was going to be a lobster but our friend let us borrow a Mickey Mouse Costume which is way cute and one of his favorite shows. Eric and I aren't dressing up this year. Katelyn is a lepord just like Cedric was his first halloween except I made a halloween bow to go on it so she will look like a girl lepord. My friend has a minnie mouse cosutme but it is a 9m costume so we will put it on Katelyn just to take pictures of the two together but it is huge so she won't wear it for halloween

The Stump Clan said...

Austin was a fireman at our ward party, but is going as Batman on Halloween night. Kalli is a giraffe. Bob was a cop at the party (go figure- he was on his way to work) and I was a cowgirl. Just posted a few pics on our blog.

Aubreydoll said...

My 3 year old is an astronaut this year and I've always wanted to do family-themed costumes so...I'm going to be the solar system and my husband is going to be the sun! We'll have pictures to post after Friday!

Liz said...

tonight my little big girl is going to be Sleeping Beauty! I finished the dress today! My little little one is going as a skeleton-thank you three buck onesies at Walmart!