Saturday, October 4, 2008

Jogging Stroller Help!

I'm looking to buy a jogging stroller. Ideally, I'd like to find one on Craigslist, though I'm definitely not opposed to buying a new one. What should I be looking for? What brands are good?? I know several of you on here use one... Scott and I are getting ready to run a half marathon in January, and its just so hard to coordinate running since we have to find someone to watch Cecelia, or run by ourselves... so I'm thinking we should just take her along! Any ideas or help you girls can offer would be great! :D Thanks

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Hey Claire! I bought one a couple of months ago off craigslist. I had been using my regular stroller to jog with before that. (I know, crazy.) The one I got is an Instep brand, the model is 5K (which I think is discontinued). I paid $50 for it and it was practically new (there were still the little nubs on the tires!).

Anyway, my opinion is that price probably doesn't matter - I'm not sure that a $300 would do much better than the one I have. Mine has a fixed front wheel, which is good for jogging but hard for turning sharp corners.

Look for enough places/pockets for you to keep water bottles, snacks (for Cecelia), keys, or whatever you take on runs. Also make sure that the visor/sun roof (I don't know what they are really called) will move forward enough to block sun from Cecelia's eyes. Some of them are fixed and don't go down far enough.

Things like shocks and lumbar support for your kid are overrated. I wonder how much difference they make (mine has shocks).

Good luck!!! I'm curious to find out what you get!

Heather B said...

Someone gave us a Jeep jogger and it is the GREATEST stroller EVER. The front wheel CAN lock, but can also unlock, which I LOVE, and that thing is SO easy to turn. My husband swears we will never own anything else. Oh, it's the Liberty Sport model.