Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Hope for our Country

I got a free sample of Real Simple magazine recently.  I love this magazine and wish I could get it all the time.  There was a section on politics and it took a different spin which I enjoyed. 

What are your hopes for our country?

It made me think.  It's not really about my crashing 401k or the war specifically for me.  It's that I want a place where I can safely and happily raise my children.  It's about economics and safety and morality all wrapped up in a place where I can raise happy children.  That's what I hope.

So...rather than start a big debate about who you voted for...
what are your hopes for our country??

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'd say about the same thing. My number one concern is being able to raise my children in a safe environment, that still has values. I also worry about the economy, and being that my husband is a small independent business owner, having health insurance and a retirement are big concerns for us!

The Schacher Family said...

I agree with both of you. I also worry about the economy but I know that things will work out for my family. My friend put a great reminder on her blog and that was If we stand in holy places we will be protected from the storm. And so I will do and teach my children to do those things that will protect us and make my home a holy place.