Sunday, January 4, 2009

No more consignment and used kids clothes!

Have you guys seen this legislation that is being passed on Feb. 10th? It is crazy and outrageous . I have bought the majority of my daughter's clothes from mom to mom sales, yard sales and children's resale boutiques. My budget is going to be hurting once this is passed. Anyone else a little frustrated?
http://babycheapskate.blogspot.com/2009/01/govt-says-sorry-no-more-reselling-your.html

http://babycheapskate.blogspot.com/2009/01/end-of-kiddie-consignment-shops.html

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

This is crazy! I had never heard of such a thing! I am just as bummed about not being able to sell clothes as I am about not being able to buy them used. What a waste to throw away perfectly good clothes! I hope this isn't for real...

The Schacher Family said...

Why isn't it in the news and such? I am going to try and dig up more information. This urks me! How in the world are they going to monitor it? Are they going to start giving certificates with all items you buy brand new so you don't have to get your things tested!?

The Schacher Family said...

I have researched and all I can find is laws refering to newly manufactured items. Starting feb 10th new manufactured items have to have a certificate. No where on the consumer website does it talk about second hand or used items.

The Stump Clan said...

I hope so, cause there is no way the government could monitor everything people sold. But some people on different blogs are still saying it will affect goodwills and consignment shops. I guess we will see.

Liz said...

I hadn't heard of the resale/consignment side of it. I'd only heard that it might make things like etsy and selling homemade stuff illegal which is also a tragedy!!