Friday, January 9, 2009

Toddler Car Seat

My 8 month old daughter is almost too big for her infant car seat. She has about 1/4- 1/2 inch left to grow before she is over the limit. So we were planning on buying a new toddler car seat for my 28 month old, and moving my youngest into the convertible car seat. We currently have the Britax Boulevard, and I love it. But when I was reading reviews on the Frontier and Regent there were complaints about installation and bulkiness. I don't want to put her in a booster because I feel safer keeping my daughter in a 5 point harness for as long as we can. What toddler car seats do you have and what do you like/dislike about them?

3 comments:

Claire said...

I've heard similar things about the bulkiness and installation hassle of Britax carseats, but it doesn't bother me one bit. I've never had a problem installing hers and as for the bulkiness... I just feel she is very protected in it. We have the Roundabout. In the next 6 to 8 weeks, the Britax sales should be starting up. It was this time last year that we bought Cecelia's seat. I'm hoping to buy another one so when the day comes that Cecelia gets a sibling, I have another one on hand. This time around I'm not even messing with an infant seat. Anyway- Probably not much help to you since you already have a Britax and like it, but they are definitely my top choice for a carseat.

Liz said...

I have an Evenflo Triumph and I love it! It's big but so easy to install and so much cheaper.

http://www.amazon.com/Evenflo-Triumph-Advance-Convertible-Seat/dp/B000YZD0QM

Stephanie said...

We just bought The Evenflo Chase as a second carseat, for my husband's car. It's definitely a cheaper, simpler model, but I liked it because it's a carseat that goes up to like a 100 lb, but it still has a 5 point harness. It seems pretty safe to me. The only thing I don't like is it's so straight up and down, that it seems impossible to sleep in, so I wouldn't want it for a long car trip, for only a two year old. But it works great as a second carseat!