Monday, May 11, 2009

Laura's Show and Tell

Every year I have a blast making my daughters' birthday cakes (this year's were the castle for the 5 yr old and the horse for the 3 yr old). So, when I saw an ad for Wilton cake decorating classes at Michael's, I signed up. The first course was just four Mondays in April, and I learned SO much! I've always been able to decorate cakes (like the bday cakes) by shaping them or putting stuff on them, but I couldn't do cool things with the frosting itself--I thought that seemed too much like painting, which is VERY intimidating. The class covered the basic frosting techniques and tips, including taking a picture (like the alligator) and transferring it onto the cake. Plus we learned how to make roses, which is very cool to know! I highly recommend the class, and I'll definitely be signing up for the next one.





4 comments:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

How fun! These cakes look fantastic, Laura!

Bethany said...

Those are beautiful!! You're very talented.

Stephanie said...

Those are awesome! That's a good idea to take a class, just for fun. I have fun making my daughter's cakes, but I am no professional, by any means!

Linz said...

So awesome!!!!