Friday, May 1, 2009

Show and Tell - Bethany V

A friend gave us some chairs. I wanted to re-do them to match (as close as possible) the table and chairs we already have.

Before

After

Original chair

Look-a-like chair

I spray painted the chairs a "metallic" color. I was going for a mirrory finish like the original chairs but I don't think I can get that from spray paint. I found yellow "marble" looking fabric and also bought vinyl. The original chairs are vinyl, I love that I can wipe them right off, great for messy toddlers! The vinyl helps make the "new" chairs seem finished since the fabric I bought was apparel and not upholstery. I did the project over a few days, split up by weeks. So in reality, it took me about 3 1/2 weeks to finish but the actual time working on it was probably only a days worth. This was a fun project. 

6 comments:

Claire said...

I love your chairs! Both old and new. You did a great job on the new ones. I have a set of chairs I've been meaning to recover for over a year... I totally feel inspired now! I'm going to get them done.

The Stump Clan said...

Wow- those look great!

Chantel said...

Bethany, those look great! Good job. And you even were green (Reuse).

highdeekay said...

Bethany,

Those are beautiful. I love the style and the buttery yellow is fabulous! Way to tackle a project.

Amanda said...

Way fun chairs. Lots of personality.

Linz said...

Nice work!!!