Tuesday, May 12, 2009

show and tell

I found this idea on some blog (can't remember which one). The idea was for a "Rainy Day Suitcase" full of fun things to use when the weather is yucky. Well I decided to make a "I have a new baby brother and my mommy might need a break" suitcase for two of my nieces. It was a combined birthday present for them. I went to Salvation Army and found this old blue suitcase for $3, then used a hot glue gun to attach $1 ribbon and buttons my sister found. Then we both bought clearance items, dollar store items, Target dollar spot items, etc... to fill the suitcase. I wish I would have thought to take a picture of the stuff inside before we sent it to the girls. I really like how it turned out, and from what I hear the girls were super excited!


6 comments:

Linz said...

This rocks! Great work.

Unknown said...

I LOVE this idea! We have a ton of expectant sisters in our ward, and this would be such a fun gift!

Mitchell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

Look at you, being all creative! Awesome idea!

highdeekay said...

What a clever idea!

Liz said...

cute idea!