Saturday, September 27, 2008

Baby shoes

So, my baby girl has decided to beat her brother's mark of walking at 10 months. She is walking by herself for numerous steps right now and is not quite 8 months. Yikes!! So, it is getting close to winter and the end of her barefoot days. I figure she will be totally walking within a month or so and I guess she will need some shoes. Anyone have any suggestions for good shoes for a young toddler just starting to walk? What about the Robeez (sp?)? Are those meant for walkers or will she need more support? I don't obviously plan on her doing any 5k's in the near future, but when we are out and about and she wants to walk, I want her in shoes (for better grip than just socks and also for warmth!). Also, I don't want to spend a fortune because she is still growing so fast. Thanks for any tips!

6 comments:

Claire said...

I was just coming to suggest Robeez!! These are AWESOME shoes for when they start walking. I've heard a lot of doctors actually say that its better for children to walk barefoot or in socks... Robeez are pretty much the shoe version of socks... they protect their little feet, without being too stiff or restricting. Cecelia has three pairs of Robeez and they are some of my absolute favourite shoes. I think they are well worth the price. Especially as she is still wearing them, even at 18 months old. She loves them too. The only thing I would be concerned with is snow... I imagine they would not keep the wet out, but for anytime there isn't snow on the ground, they are great.

The Schacher Family said...

I think the Robeez would be a perfect shoe. If you have a kid to kid by you check there because I have seen brand new robeez for way cheap there. They say it is better for kids to have a soft sole shoe so there feet form right. So they are a great option. I also love crocks which aren't to hard of a sole. My son has a pair of airwalk ones and they are so awesome. They learn to put them on themselves very early too which is nice.

Stephanie said...

I loved Target shoes for that age. Again, they're the soft sole, but I think they're actually easier for them to walk in, and they should be comfortable. They would definitely be cheaper than the Robeez.

Claire said...

Just fyi- there were some Robeez on Amazon for like $15 the other day!! Such a great deal. They are such awesome shoes.

Julianne said...

I use the shooshoos brand. They have quite a few on clearance for $10.95 but the regular price is $19.95. These are also the soft-soled leather shoes and I think they are wonderful. I bought a pair of Target brand ones in the past, and they did not hold up!! The shooshoo brand you can even wash and lay out flat to dry, but that's nice. My daughter even has a white pair and they are great--and still white!! She wears them almost every day.

Here is the link:

http://shooshoosusa.com/products.php?cPath=51

Jen said...

I really like the Weebok shoes. They are the baby version of Reebok. They are soft soled as well. You can get them at Babies-R-Us and I think they are around $10.