Thursday, September 4, 2008

Shower Time

So I was in the shower the other morning and my mother was watching the newborn and my sister was playing with the toddler and it dawned on me.  How am I going to do this next week when they all go home?????

When the big little one was a baby, she would hang out with me in her bouncy seat.  Now that she's older, she just wanders in and out or watches a show during my showers.  But what do I do with the other one?  If I wait until she's asleep, the older one could bother her or pull her basket off the bed. (she sleeps in a moses basket) If she's awake or in the bouncy seat, I could be watching her be bothered helpless from the shower while the older one tries to "gently" play with her. :)  

This is probably one of those problems that won't turn out to be a problem or I will turn into an afternoon shower-er while the older one naps.  but I really like my morning showers so let me know how you get clean with your little ones running around!!

9 comments:

Afton said...

I would always turn the TV on to PBS or KUED (a kid show was usually on), sit my daughter on my bed to watch it and take the baby (in the baby carrier) in the bathroom with me. We don't watch a lot of TV at our house, but for a few minutes to myself it was worth it! My older daughter was always distracted by the show and I could keep my eyes and ears on the baby (who was usually sleeping anyway). Worked great!

The Stump Clan said...

ditto. tv on for the older one, while I put the baby in the bouncer in the bathroom with me. Seemed to work the best. The baby usually fell asleep to the sound of the water running so I got a nice, long peaceful shower!

Bethany said...

I shower when ever I can. Sometimes it's during the baby's morning nap and Luke just runs around in my bedroom or opens and closes the shower door. Sometimes I nap when they're both asleep in the afternoon and sometimes I shower at night once the boys are in bed for the night. You'll adjust to the situation. It helps that I don't care for long showers unless I'm really stressed out (then I prefer cold, long showers! Ahhh.) I agree with the TV idea. Luke watches TV when the baby wakes up and I have to go upstairs to nurse him. Good luck.

Linz said...

Those sound like good idea. I work out at night so I shower at night. Any chance you can take your morning shower before hubby leaves for work?

Jen C. said...

I have my young toddler shower with me and play with toys at the back of the shower while I get clean and then I clean him and we get out. It saves me time not having to bathe him separately and protects my infant twins from their "too loving" older brother. :)

kristi said...

I agree with the person who said shower when you can. And unfortunately I don't always get a shower when I want it. Sometimes I am just nasty for the day :) What I do right now if I am taking a shower in the day time is I bring the baby in the bathroom in her bouncy seat and 2 of my other ones roam free around the house, usually watching a show, and my oldest is at school. 1st grade now, which I can't believe.

The Schacher Family said...

I also just put a show on for my son so I plan on just taking the baby in the bathroom while I shower. Most the time my son ends up in the shower with me anyway so baby should be safe. I am also a fast shower taker so I am not that worried about it. But do what you feel comfortable with.

Liz said...

do you love how I worry about the silliest things???

Tiffany said...

It's not too silly...I worry about stuff like that all of the time (I'm due at the beginning of November w/ #2)...but my daughter typically showers with me b/c if I just left her out, she would end up crawling in with all of her clothes on anyway... So, I figure I can keep doing that once the baby's born...shower with my first and let the baby sit in her bouncy seat in the bathroom so we can hear her/check on her.