Thursday, September 11, 2008

Meetup.com

I met a gal at a park the other day who told me about this neat website called Meetup.com. You type in your zip code and all these groups show up wherein you can find others with similar interests in your area. She used the site to find a Mommy and Me group that meets together several times a week at parks, malls, people's houses, etc. in our hometown. The group has its own guidelines that make it safe and organized, and there are already like 45 moms who joined it. Pretty cool, huh? I ended up joining it too and it's sounds really fun! Anyway, I just thought I'd mention it for anyone who is interested in looking around their own area for opportunities to meet some friends of different faiths. Even though I love my cozy LDS network, it's also nice to talk to other people in my community and maybe even have an opportunity to share the gospel. Hopefully this will be a good way to do just that!

P.S. It's been awhile since I've posted (and I've missed you all!) and I just want to say I LOVE the new template! SO so cute.

P.P.S. In case you don't remember me, I used to be "tagteamo3." But now, due to my husband getting his own gmail account, I am just Lisa. :)

2 comments:

Linz said...

I haven't heard of this. Very cool!

I've missed you! At first I thought, Who's Lisa? Glad you shared your "old" name.

You're a good example to me for joining something like this. I usually socialize with LDS moms except for the Moms I've met at stortyime.

Claire said...

Haha! I totally couldn't figure out who you were!! :D I've signed up for the alerts from meetups.com, but I never go to the meet ups. Bad me! I should go. I'm always looking for new friends! Thanks for the positive review of the site!