Sunday, October 4, 2009

Toddlers and Service

After Conference today, I have a strong desire to help Cecelia learn to serve. We use to go visit a senior citizen once a week and though Cecelia didn't realize what she was doing, she was definitely providing service to the woman we visited... to the point that after Ruth passed away, we received several letters from her niece telling us what an impact Cecelia had on Ruth's life. Ruth also left some money to Cecelia for her future education. It was a fantastic experience for both Cecelia and I. Thing is, ever since, I've struggled to find a new person to visit. I know I need to find someone because it was a great way for us to serve together, but I'm still missing Ruth so much. :(

After President Monson's talk about service, I'm feeling motivated to find a new senior citizen to visit, but I'm also trying to find other ideas for service and wondering what ideas you girls have. Have you found fun ways to serve with your little ones?

1 comment:

Linz said...

Your experiences with Ruth are seriously so inspiring. Wish I could say that I've done something like that.

The only thing that we do is make pictures and letters and put them in the mail for people. Our kids also went door-to-door for our Stake's canned food drive...so fun. This Christmas I'm going to prepare my kids to go caroling.