Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Member spotlight

Basics
1. What is your age and physical description?
I am 31, 5'9", overweight and pregnant, have short brown hair, green eyes and smile a lot.

2. Where were you born and where are you now?
I was born in Logan, Utah. My family moved to California when I was 6. I grew up there and then moved back to Logan to go to college at USU. Now I live in Albuquerque, North New Mexico. I've lived here since July 2008. So far it has been great! Minus all the howling coyotes that roam the streets with turqoise bandanas tied around their necks.

3. What do you do for a living?
I used to make money by being an accountant. Now I work for free (and the rare hug or kiss from my toddler) staying home and keeping my family in line.

4. What is your favorite and least favorite color?
Favorite - purple or blue. Least favorite - beauty can be found in all colors!

5. Did you go to college and get a degree, If so, where & what?
I went to Utah State University in Logan, Utah. I got a BS in Finance and then a MAcc (Master of Accounting).

6. How many children do you have? How old are they?
I have one son that turned 2 in March. I am expecting another boy in July.

7. What’s your favorite and least favorite food?
I love sugar and have been trying to break that addiction for awhile. Most fruit is a close second. Actually, anything that I don't have to prepare in any way (including planning, shopping, cooking, cleaning up) tends to rank at the top. Least favorite - seafood.

8. Are you right or left handed?
Right handed.

9. Do you play any instruments?
Only if you count the radio. I did take violin for about 2 years when I was in college.

10. What are your hobbies?
Being outside, gardening, sewing, quilting, organizing, playing with my family.


Make You Think...
11. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I always wanted to be a mom. For awhile, I also wanted to be a marine biologist and an engineer.

12. What is your biggest fear?
I have two that I feel are equally the biggest - 1. losing my husband at this phase of life and 2. having my children grow up into bad, wicked people.

13. Who has touched your life and influenced you the most and why?
Hmm... definitely my parents (hello, they raised me) but definitely my husband. He loves me unconditionally, is the sweetest man and a great example of kindness and patience. He also has helped shape who I am today - we strive to be better together. He is the one that made it possible for me to be a mother (parents can't do that for us...). Motherhood has been a life changing experience!!! I've learned to depend upon the Lord more as well as more about myself because of motherhood.

14. If you could accomplish just one thing with your life, what would that be and why?
I would like to endure to the end faithfully. The gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way to find happiness in this life AND the next... To me enduring to the end means that I try to be better tomorrow than I have been today - and that I live as best I can to be a disciple of Christ.

15. What is your worst habit and if you could quit it, would you?
I have no bad habits. At least none I will admit to. If I did have any, I would try to quit it.

16. Who would play you in the movie of your life? Who would play your husband?
This is a hard question. Worse than interviewing for a job. My husband would probably be played by Hugh Jackman. They look a little similar (okay, stop analyzing the fam pic I posted at the beginning...) and Hugh Jackman is almost as hot as my husband. He's very versatile (he can sing, dance, fight off bad guys with his huge muscles, woo a woman with his charms) Plus I like Wolverine from X-men so Hugh Jackman is a shoe-in. For me... I don't know. Maybe Sandra Bullock because she seems pretty level-headed and practical. Or Reece Witherspoon because she is funny and laid back.

17. What songs would make up the soundtrack of your life and why?
I have a playlist on my blog. It is made up of whatever I like at the time.

18. If you could meet any one person in history, who would it be, and why?
Mary (mother of Jesus). She's got to have some great advice on how to raise young men.

19. If you lost everything you have tomorrow, what three things would you save and why?
I would save my family, my computer, and any cash I had laying/hidden around the house. My family is what really matters. Most of my important documents and pics are saved on my hard drive - so saving the computer would make life a little easier to rebuild. Cash - I'm gonna need something to help me fix dinner that night!!! Wendy's, anyone?

20. What is your favorite quote and why?
I don't really have one.

Just For Fun

21. Do you sleep with the closet door open or closed?
Usually closed.

22. What is your biggest pet peeve?
People not raising their kids with respect and self-control.

23. Where are the top three places you'd like to travel to?
I'd like to go to the UK (although I've already been to London), South Africa, and all the places along the Mediterrean.

24. Do you ever dance for no reason even though there’s no music playing?
Not really. I like music.

25. What size is your bed?
Queen.

26. What do you drink with dinner?
Water. Sometimes any flavor of crystal lite.

27. What movies could you watch over and over and still love?
Miracle (I TOTALLY LOVE THIS), the new Pride and Prejudice, Emma, Cars, The Incredibles.

28. What was the first concert you went to?
The BFD (Big Freakin' Deal) hosted by Live 105. It was an all day concert that had 30+ bands on a few different stages. Some of the bigger bands were the Violent Femmes, Duran Duran, Elvis Costello. I wish I could find my old t-shirt and I could tell you them all. It was back in 1995!!!

29. What is on your perfect pizza?
Depends on my mood. I love greasy pepperoni and cheese. I also love ham/pineapple. I also love chicken, brocolli, alfredo (or BBQ) and feta cheese.

30. What's the most exotic place you've traveled to?
Venice, Italy. No, probably the small villages of Cinque Terre along the Italian Riveria.

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love that you thought about dinner in your fire thing. It made me smile, and then think that that's a very practical need. :) It was fun getting to know you better. :)

The Stump Clan said...

It is great getting to know more about you!

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Wish I could've gone to that concert too...sounded awesome!

Liz said...

I love Miracle too! My hubby and I lived in MN when it came out and the whole state got so into that movie because of its ties to Minnesota! I LOVE the music in that movie!

Now you need to show and tell all the amazing things you make! Talk about art!!!

Natalie said...

Man I love this girl!!! p.s. I've always thought Rich looked like Hugh Jackman :)

Amanda said...

Natalie you are the bomb. Do you really think there is resemblance with Hugh Jackman or are you just feeding my ego??? :)

highdeekay said...

TOTALLY remember those first few weeks of violin lessons - you rock! I totally expected to be listed among those who shaped your life ... come on, think about those times back at Village Park - pivotal! :-)

Seriously, you are the BOMB!