Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Super Saturday

I am in charge of my ward's Super Saturday at the end of July. I have about 4 weeks to finalize our teachers and projects before we need to start advertising. We have several ideas but I was wanting some input from my S&S girls... what have been your favourite Super Saturday activities? What things would you like to see at Super Saturdays that you haven't seen before? We are trying to keep this really low cost so people feel like they can participate without breaking the bank. Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated!

6 comments:

Liz said...

Here is a tutorial for some coasters we did at my craft group. Depending on how many you do (because base supplies cost a set amount no matter how many you make...) they can be pretty low cost. We did them for 8 women for less than $10.


http://andyandjessicaolsen.blogspot.com/2009/03/i-am-alive-march-craft-group.html

kristi said...

I have always wanted to do a FHE chart for my family. However, it seems like the wards I am in don't do them until I move out of the ward :) I know one year my ward made purses. Whoever signed up for the class picked up their fabric ahead of time. This year we made heating pads made from some wheat that someone had had in their storage for who knows how long.

Liz said...

Another thing that would be fun and inexpensive would be these mugs/candles that I did for my sister for Christmas:

http://ldspierce.net/?p=925

You wouldn't even have to make the mugs into candles if you wanted an even less expensive and quicker option.

Christina Olson said...

Decorate picture frames ($1 at Michaels) with scrapbook paper and put a saying in the middle in the picture area such as "come what may and love it"

Amanda said...

Here is one idea I thought was cute.

http://notsoidlehands.blogspot.com/2009/04/be-blocks.html

The Schacher Family said...

My favorite ever was making I- spy bags for our kids. If enough people sign up it ends up being really cheap!