Sunday, April 19, 2009

Show and Tell-Liz&Meg

It's all Cramster's fault, really. It all started with a bag.  She sent me a pattern, I made it, and I fell in love.  And then I got good at the pattern, modified it and made it my own.  And started making bags for myself and friends and family.
I always liked sewing but mostly it was piecing quilt tops.  Not even quilting them, but just sewing the tops together.  I never thought I could do cute things like this.
So I kept making bags.
And then I realized that a cute twirly girl's skirt is really just a quilt top, gathered and put on a waistband.  It didn't have to be complicated.  
And that was when I fell in love with making skirts and jumpers and dresses for my girls.  Life got crazy so they still haven't gotten their Easter dresses yet... now they get summer dresses! :)
But this is my current passion.  And someday, I will return to scrapbooking, card making, stamping, crochet, and all those other crafty, artsy things I used to do!

4 comments:

The Stump Clan said...

Ok, so where do we send our orders?? Such beautiful stuff, you are very talented!

Linz said...

Totally agree with Molly. Fabulous and so cute. Isn't it fun to have a hobby you love?

Amanda said...

I love that I helped get you started. Look at how cute each of those pictures are!!! You are definitely creative. I can't wait to have little girls so I can make cute summer dresses - every dress I see on your blog is fab. I'll be emailing you for a pattern. (Don't hold your breath of course, the next one is a boy.)

highdeekay said...

Love the skits, I've been thinking about venturing into that realm myself, so you may have just inspired me. So fun!