Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Show and Tell

Here's my show and tell, but it's actually my husband's creation that I helped out with just a little bit. I can take credit for about 5% of the finished product. (Sorry, I know many of your have already seen this.)

If you go to the Disney Behr Paint display at Home Depot, you will see pamphlets for various Disney rooms. We took two of these and wanted to try parts of them in our girls' rooms. We could print out stencils on-line, but they were the size of an 8 1/2 by 11 piece of paper, and we wanted it to be HUGE.

So my husband started by taking a large poster board, and with a pencil, ruler, and a lot of patient hours, created a stencil of a castle by looking at the one he printed out on-line. Then he cut it with a box cutter so that the edges would be really crisp, taped it on the wall, traced it, and painted. He has never done anything like this before and so we were pretty darn excited about it. He worked slowly, and it paid off. We love it!





Then we did a fairy garden room inspired by Tinkerbell. Some of the plants required a few poster boards taped together to make stencils. With both, we adjusted the colors to what we wanted, but still used the Disney brand.





This was the coolest art porject our family created in the past twelve months. I don't really make anything homemade, so this was the best thing I could share. I hope you will share the coolest things YOU created in the last year very soon!

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

That's awesome! Great job!!

The Stump Clan said...

Seriously, if you guys ever come back to Michigan, we are hiring Nate to do our rooms! I love it!!!

Jocelyn Christensen said...

very cool.

Kage said...

Seriously, painting is such a chore, and to know how much it took to get those details, BLOWS my mind....he should really do some part time weekend work...he would get hired ALL THE TIME.

highdeekay said...

I love it! Especially the garden room. I may have to copy the idea. I seriously love it, love it!

Aubreydoll said...

Ditto Molly!!

Unknown said...

Wow!!! That is absolutely amazing. He really is NTG! :)