Saturday, April 11, 2009

Spotlight: Jen L (Finally!! :)

Basics





1. What is your age and physical description? I am 24, 5'9", medium brown hair, green eyes.


2. Where were you born and where are you now? I was born in Detroit, MI. I currently live in Ithaca, NY


3. What do you do for a living? I am in school until May, and then I'm back to being a full-time Mommy! I also teach piano lessons.


4. What is your favorite and least favorite color? Before I had a girl, I hated pink... however it's now my favorite! Least favorite is crayon purple.


5. Did you go to college and get a degree, If so, where & what? Yes... I've been to a couple... first started at Central Michigan University, then transfered to Lansing Community College (got an associates after 4 years of school :) ). I'm now at Tompkins Cortland Comm. College and I'll have a second associates. The plan was to transfer to SUNY Cortland in fall, but after much thought and prayer, I decided to decline my acceptance. I started as a vocal performance major, then went all over the place until this last time around decided on Childhood Education. That's my real love.


6. How many children do you have? How old are they? Margaret Marian is 2 1/2. Hopefully we'll have more kids soon...


7. What’s your favorite and least favorite food? Humm I love lots of foods!!! I'd have to say my favorite is a fresh peach with blueberry pie! My least favorite is salmon (or other fishy tasting fish)


8. Are you right or left handed? Right

9. Do you play any instruments? I was a voice and trumpet major for a while, and I play piano, violin, flute and.... accordian (I know, a bit random. My grandpa played the accordian and when he died I picked it up)

10. What are your hobbies? I love music! So I guess that is a hobby. Gardening, cooking, sewing, photography and uh, baby making? Ha. We've been trying to have number 2 for over a year, so it's probably called a hobby by now :)


Make You Think...


11. What did you want to be when you grew up? I went through a vet/marine biologist phase. I started High School wanting to be a chemist (I married one instead) and ended HS wanting to be an opera singer.


12. What is your biggest fear? Loosing Michael while we are still "young." I don't know how I'd handle it. Thankfully we've been sealed, but what happens if I want to get married again and have a family? I'd want my kids to be sealed to me... but I can only be sealed to one husband... Oh, the things that run through my mind. It's seriously a big fear for me on a temporal, emotional and spiritual level.


13. Who has touched your life and influenced you the most and why? My parents are wonderful and raised me well, but I think Michael has touched my life and influenced me the most. He is just so good and he is my role model for spiritual living. The Lord knew I needed a lot of help... and I'm so glad I am with Michael!


14. If you could accomplish just one thing with your life, what would that be and why? To raise a righteous family and all that entails (kids sealed in the temple, faithful to the end, etc)


15. What is your worst habit and if you could quit it, would you? Beating myself up.


16. Who would play you in the movie of your life? Who would play your husband? Humm, I think I'd like Julia Roberts to play me... just because. And Colin Firth would play Michael. Not only do I love him as Mr. Darcy, but he has a cleft chin like Michael and the same hair color :)


17. What songs would make up the soundtrack of your life and why? Oh goodness, I like so many songs. I'm a big country/broadway/classical/Mormon Tabernacle Choir fan :) As long as some songs from those categories are included (perhaps with a little Josh Groban, Elton John and Bon Jovi for some fun) I'd be happy.


18. If you could meet any one person in history, who would it be, and why? I don't really have anyone in particular that I'd want to meet. I figure, I can meet them all eventually anyway :) Though perhaps my great-grandma Margaret. She came from Scotland and I hear she was amazing!!!


19. If you lost everything you have tomorrow, what three things would you save and why? Pictures, journals and my scriptures (this is, of course, assuming my family is safe too). Sad thing is, my husband went through a house fire when he was a teenager and did lose everything, so this is something we talk about a lot. The one thing I miss the most are the pictures! There are very few pictures of him from when he was young... only what others have taken.


20. What is your favorite quote and why? Oooh, this is a hard one! I'm a quote freak! I love quotes! But just one of my favorites is from Ezra Taft Benson (I think he said it first): "When obedience ceases to be an irritant and becomes our quest, in that moment God will endow us with power.” I just really like it! It's something I try to always remember and live by.


Just For Fun


21. Do you sleep with the closet door open or closed? Open. We have a long closet with 4 mirrored sliding doors... unfortunately 2 of the doors are in need of repair, so they are open showing off our closet disaster.


22. What is your biggest pet peeve? When people can't see past their trials and then drag you down in the mud... everytime you are with them. We all have bad days, but some people like to talk about themselves ALL the time and when I leave their presence, I just feel worse. I hate to say it, because I'd definitely listen if someone had need of help, but it's draining day after day.

23. Where are the top three places you'd like to travel to? Jerusalem, Disney World, and western Montana. Sort of an interesting mix, I guess. But Jerusalem just because I think it would be really neat to go there, and very different from what I'm used to here. Disney World, becaues I love DW! And western MT because we are big camping fans. My DH is from MT... but the Eastern side. I've never got to experience Glacier park or any of the beautiful scenary you see on calendars... just the flat east.


24. Do you ever dance for no reason even though there’s no music playing? No, I only dance when there is music, though I often dance for no reason. However, most of the time the music is created by either me or Margaret.


25. What size is your bed? We just inherited a queen! If only we had a queen when I was pregnant.


26. What do you drink with dinner? Water. I love water! Perhaps the occasional sip of juice, but I pretty much only drink water.


27. What movies could you watch over and over and still love? Pride and Prejudice (A&E), Sound of Music, Charly (ha ha), for a while I thought Mary Poppins was one of those movies for me... but after having a daughter in love with "poppits" the thought of watching the movie is not very exciting.


28. What was the first concert you went to? Oh brother... John Tesh. I was in 6th grade and went with my parents. I've only been to two other concerts... Barenaked Ladies and Josh Groban.


29. What is on your perfect pizza? Either ham and pineapple or a "Spinach, alfredo, chicken, tomato" pizza from Poppa John's.


30. What's the most exotic place you've traveled to? Probably the Mayan Ruins at Costa Maya, Mexico. Though my husband may have to travel to Saudi Arabia... I told him that if he goes, I'm going too! What an opportunity (albeit a scary one!)

3 comments:

Linz said...

Margaret is so cute!!

Claire said...

I love your hobbies... one in particular made me laugh! :D

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Mayan ruins...awesome!