Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Make your own pictures

I started to comment on Stacibee's post below on home decor but she asked for pictures so here's my followup post to her question.

With our house recently on the market we had to take down all our photos and do lots of small things to replace them and also some other things to "spruce it up". I found a lot of great cheap things at HomeGoods (part of TJMaxx I think?), WalMart and Target. I redid the curtains in my living room for 30 bucks and it changed how the whole room looked, for example. I added a seven dollar pot with some greenery in my bedroom and it added a ton more than i though it would!

My favorite thing I did was in my kitchen though. I couldn't find anything to hang in there to match my theme. I have a red and blue kitchen and tons of cherries in there. I love cherries!! But I couldn't find any art or anything I liked for the walls. so I bought some cheap 12x12 canvases at Michael's ($3/each) and some red craft paint (<$1) and painted them red and took some pictures from old calendars I had (since I love cherries, I used pictures from Mary Engelbriet calendars and a dollar calendar with vintage fruit pictures from michael's) and mod podged them onto the canvases. Sorry the pictures are smaller in the picture than I meant them to be!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Linz said...

That is awesome Liz!

stacibee said...

Love it! That's the kind of thing I was looking for!

Claire said...

Those look awesome!!! I love it!

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

Mod podge is something I haven't taken advantage of enough. My friend is using it for wall hangings in her nursery. You have inspired me! Thanks for the tip!