Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Aubrey's Spotlight


(The picture is several months old, but I don't have any good recent pictures that aren't just belly shots!)

Basics

1.What is your age and physical description?
25, blue eyes, brown hair, 5'4" athletic build (usually, but not now that I'm 9 months pregnant!)

2. Where were you born and where are you now?
I was born in the UP (Upper Peninsula of Michigan) and after moving a lot I'm back in Michigan!

3. What do you do for a living?
Stay at home mom to my three and a half year old

4. What is your favorite and least favorite color?
Favorite-depends on my mood, but lately reds
Least Favorite-probably brown

5. Did you go to college and get a degree, If so, where & what?
I only took a few classes at the community college here, but I really want to go back and get a degree in music composition.

6. How many children do you have? How old are they?
I have a three and a half year old son and a daughter who will be here in about two weeks!

7. What’s your favorite and least favorite food?
Favorite-It totally depends on my mood. I love fruit, almost anything with cream cheese, or a really good pot roast!
Least Favorite-Where to start? Let's just say that I'm really, really picky.

8. Are you right or left handed?
Right-handed, but growing up I always wanted to be left-handed because it was different. Now I'm glad that I'm not because I think it would be a lot harder since most things are geared towards right-handed people.

9. Do you play any instruments?
I've played the flute since I was 11 and the bassoon since I was 14. I really wanted to start out on the trombone but my mom convinced me to do the flute instead. I've learned some (and forgotten most) piano but that's really what I need to pick back up.

10. What are your hobbies?
I like scrapbooking, reading, blogging, games, swimming, anything competitive (I love winning!), and I recently had to stop taking a hip-hop dance class because I was too far along in my pregnancy but that was a blast!

Make You Think...

11. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I always just wanted to be a mom because I didn't really know what else I could be. I love being a mom but I wish I'd had the chance to go to school before we started our family.

12. What is your biggest fear?
Probably the same thing as everyone else, something happening to my family.

13. Who has touched your life and influenced you the most and why?
Probably my mom. Because we did move so much when I was growing up she was always one of my best friends because she was always there. We still talk probably at least five times a week and can be on the phone for an hour without even realizing it!

14. If you could accomplish just one thing with your life, what would that be and why?
Making sure that my children have the opportunities to do the things they want while they're growing up so they can figure out what they want to do in life before they start taking on other responsibilities and don't have the time to devote to them.

15. What is your worst habit and if you could quit it, would you?
Not returning/making the phone calls that I need to. I don't know why, but I just don't like being on the phone that much (unless it's with a friend or my mom)!

16. Who would play you in the movie of your life? Who would play your husband?
Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman - for no other reason than I really like them both (and Hugh Jackman is mighty fine!)

17. What songs would make up the soundtrack of your life and why?
There would be so many songs because I've gone through so many different things and different genres of music. There'd be oldies, country, rap (what can I say, my best friend and I thought we were gangsta's in high school!), classical, hymns and other church music, hip-hop, musicals...tons of different stuff!

18. If you could meet any one person in history, who would it be, and why?
Hmm, I'm not really sure about this one. I think it would be kind of cool to go back and meet my grandpa or my mom when they were younger. I just don't really know of anyone else that I would want to meet.

19. If you lost everything you have tomorrow, what three things would you save and why?
Aside from the obvious things, I would save all of our pictures, our washer and dryer (only because we just bought them last week and I've gone six and a half years without any and I'm never doing that again!), and our cats....annoying as they can be.

20. What is your favorite quote and why?
"Don't bother me now, I'm thinking." Ralphie, A Christmas Story

Just For Fun

21. Do you sleep with the closet door open or closed?
I prefer it closed, but our room somehow ends up being a dumping ground so it's usually opened.

22. What is your biggest pet peeve?
I have several, but I hate it when animals stare at me while I'm eating!

23. Where are the top three places you'd like to travel to?
Australia, Ireland, and Australia! :)

24. Do you ever dance for no reason even though there’s no music playing?
Sometimes, but my son is really picky and usually tells me to stop singing and dancing when I start. I can't possibly be that bad!

25. What size is your bed?
California queen, my husband's a tall guy.

26. What do you drink with dinner?
Water and lots of it!

27. What movies could you watch over and over and still love?
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, A Christmas Story, The Notebook

28. What was the first concert you went to?
Backstreet Boys, and the tickets were free! It was awesome!

29. What is on your perfect pizza?
Right now, bacon and pineapple.

30. What's the most exotic place you've traveled to?
My dad was in the Air Force growing up so we lived in Germany for a few years. I know we travelled to several different countries over there but I was so young that I don't remember them.

5 comments:

Linz said...

Oh man I miss you!

I haven't seen the movie Australia...but maybe you should see it since you want to go there (x2) and it starts Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman.

Not only are you super competitive, but you are DANG good at winning! Do you ever lose? Best Euchre (spelling?) partner ever!

Tiffany said...

I love these things! Its so much fun to learn more about each of you. Congrats on your upcoming baby! Good luck! :)
P.S. I love the Backstreet Boys! :)

The Stump Clan said...

I am with you, Hugh Jackman is super dreamy!!

Claire said...

My dad was in the AF and we lived in Germany for several years too! What base was your dad stationed at? When were you there?

I too love anything with cream cheese. I once hosted a party and every snack I served had cream cheese in it... not the most healthy choice of food, but I love it!

So fun to get to know you better. Good luck with your upcoming delievery! I can't wait to hear all about it and maybe see pictures of your new little girl? :D

Jocelyn Christensen said...

The term is "groaking" When someone (or some animal) stares at you/your food while you eat...I'm not sure I spelled it right, but it's a real word! :)