Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Katie's Survey

Basics

1. What is your age and physical description?
25 - 5'6" with Brown hair and eyes


2. Where were you born and where are you now?
Lansing, MI and Howell, MI


3. What do you do for a living?
Take care of my two wonderful daughters



4. What is your favorite and least favorite color?
Deep Red and Lime Green


5. Did you go to college and get a degree, If so, where & what?
Yes, Michigan State University - Parks, Recreation and Tourism Resources


6. How many children do you have? How old are they?
2 Girls - 2.5 and 10 months


7. What’s your favorite and least favorite food?
Mexican and Sausage


8. Are you right or left handed?
Right


9. Do you play any instruments?
Just my daughters' toy ones


10. What are your hobbies?
Any sports, running, cooking, sewing, couponing, and just playing with my family


Make You Think...
11. What did you want to be when you grew up?
An architect



12. What is your biggest fear?
That there will never be a cure for Cystic Fibrosis


13. Who has touched your life and influenced you the most and why?
My mom, of course. The older I get the more I want to be like her. She is the most unselfish, helpful, loving person I know. She has taught me that there really is nothing more important than playing with and supporting your children. Throughout high school she never missed a single game or scrimmage of her children - three children each playing three sports. Seriously - not one!


14. If you could accomplish just one thing with your life, what would that be and why?
Keep my children healthy and happy, and to someday take them to the Temple.



15. What is your worst habit and if you could quit it, would you?
I don't know if it's my worst, but probably driving a little too fast. Not normally more than 5-7 over, but I know it's still bad. If I get a ticket I am sure I will quit it.


16. Who would play you in the movie of your life? Who would play your husband?
I normally think of Sandra Bullock because we are both brunettes, sort-of athletic-ish bodies and normally a tad clumsy. But I think Linz already took her, so maybe Alexis Bledel because she normally speaks her mind in Gilmore Girls. My husband could be played by a thin Chandler because they are super hilarious or John Cusack.



17. What songs would make up the soundtrack of your life and why?
Ummmm... no idea. I don't listen to a lot of music that isn't children's stuff. Maybe Ben Folds or Sondre Lerche's music. Why? Because I like their music and... yeah, thats why.



18. If you could meet any one person in history, who would it be, and why?
Abraham Lincoln has always fascinated me.


19. If you lost everything you have tomorrow, what three things would you save and why?
Reagan's meds, to keep her functioning properly.
Kennedy's binky and Reagan's blankie... Happy kids = Happy parents.




20. What is your favorite quote and why?
It changes frequently. Today it is probably my husband's phrase "When I nappy, I am happy!" (referring to the kids napping, not me)


Just For Fun
21. Do you sleep with the closet door open or closed?
Normally open, though I prefer closed.



22. What is your biggest pet peeve?
When people come up to your babies and immediately touch their hands. I am a super germ-a-phobe now, and it bothers me that people touch their hands when babies are always sticking them in their mouths! I'm really not a big fan of shaking hands at church, even though that is the norm. That is one of the biggest ways of spreading germs.


23. Where are the top three places you'd like to travel to?
Norway, Thailand and Lake Michigan. It's nice to know I get to travel to one of my top three places in the near future. :)


24. Do you ever dance for no reason even though there’s no music playing?
When I get really excited.


25. What size is your bed?
Queen.


26. What do you drink with dinner?
Normally water or milk.


27. What movies could you watch over and over and still love?
13 going on 30, Dan in Real Life, Sweet Home Alabama. Do television series on DVD count? I have watched all seven Gilmore Girls seasons at least four times. Also, The Office we have watched twice so far.


28. What was the first concert you went to?
Garth Brooks, I think, when he was first getting big. Or maybe it was a Kitty Donohoe concert.


29. What is on your perfect pizza?
Barbeque chicken from Jets.


30. What's the most exotic place you've traveled to?
Umm... I loved Victoria, British Columbia. Or the Outer Banks, NC.

8 comments:

Linz said...

Great family pic! I love those three movies too.

Liz said...

what a great picture!

Stephanie said...

You rock Girl!

Tiffany said...

I love those movies too! And your picture is super cute. And I love that you would save your daughters' blanket and binkie b/c I've definitely thought of that too!

The Stump Clan said...

So I take it you won't be wanting any of our famous sausage balls in the future>>

The Schacher Family said...

I can see Sandra Bullock playing you for sure! I am also a fan of the movies you chose and I have never watched Gilmore Girls all the way through but my friend is letting me borrow them! YAY! It was fun to get to know you better. Cute family picture by the way!

Jocelyn Christensen said...

The outer banks is awesome! BF5 is too...

Claire said...

I love your family picture! Your girls are just so cute. And I can totally see Sandra Bullock playing you!