Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hair Treatment

I have really long hair. Most days it's very staticy (sp?) and I rarely use a hair dryer, I just let it air dry. I'm trying to find a new shampoo/conditioner that will really moisturize it. Does anyone else have a problem with staticy hair? Is it because my hair is so long that it's staticy? Maybe it's just the area I live in? Maybe I need to have it trimmed, cutting off some of the split ends? I even bought spray in conditioner but that hasn't helped. I used a hot oil treatment back in high school but I don't remember if it helped or not.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

my hair was really static-y in Utah and I ended up just rubbing drier sheets on it when it was really bad! :) probably not the best solution..but worked in pinch. my roommate bought anti-static spray (once again it was something meant for clothes) but it worked okay for her hair too. it hasn't been as static-y since I moved to a non-dry place. sorry that that's probably not the best answer...but its what I did. :)

Bethany said...

Dryer sheets! Thats so funny. What a good idea. I think I'll try that some time.

Amanda said...

I don't have any good ideas for you except to try and adjust the humidity in your home. I don't get static hair but in the winter when it is so dry I sure to shock everyone all the time (not good when you try and kiss your toddler). So I run a humidifier nonstop in our living areas and it seems to help A LOT.

I assume it would work with hair, too.

The Schacher Family said...

My friend said she loves Fructis products. I have only tried shampoo and condition but I remember her saying they had products that helped keep her static under control.

Drye softies and static cling spray! VERY INTERESTING!