Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Half Price Bookstores


My daughter's 1st birthday is coming up. I want to give her some gifts (not that she really cares) but I don't have a lot of extra money. Last week I went to a Half Price Books. I didn't get to spend as much time there as I wanted to, but the few minutes I spent there were great. They have used books there for cheap, but even brand new books were at half price. I went straight to the board book section and found many I was interested in. I purchased a few new books that were like $2.98 each. If you're looking for a specific book, I'm not sure that you would always find it there, but if you just need to spice up your collection with a few new ones, this is the place to go. Unfortunately it is not in every state, but if it's not where you live, maybe you'll find one the next time you travel. This picture shows you the states where they currently have stores with more store openings coming soon.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE Half Price Books! We usually go there to sell our books and music that don't sell on amazon.com. We don't get much for them (just a buck or two), but it's something!

Liz said...

I love that place!

Linz said...

Oooo...good call. I definitely have books that don't sell on Amazon...that's a great idea.

Liz said...

I want to hear more about selling books on Amazon.com. I get a lot of books that I read from my MIL but don't necessarily want to keep forever!

Linz said...

It's really easy to do...but sometimes books or CD's are selling for like 1 cent from other sellers so it's kind of pointless. Amazon takes a portion of your profits and gives you some money for shipping. Very simple. I usually always end up selling whateve it is I'm selling, but it's just a matter of it's even worth it money-wise.

There's a button for "Sell your stuff" and then you type in the Title or some kind of SKU number. It looks the product up and you can see what other people are selling it for and then give details about what condition it's in.

Liz said...

thanks for the info, Linz!

Stephanie said...

ooh, I wish MI had this, I would love it!