Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Post-Potter Reading

Hmm...I probably should have checked this blog closer to see if anyone else has already wrote about these books. How embarrassing!

These have been the BEST books. I've really enjoyed them, especially now that there is no more Harry Potter. On Stephenie Meyer's website there is a link of Reviews for the first book. Maybe you'd like to check them out if you need more convincing to pick these up. So far there are 3 in the series. The first is "Twilight," second "New Moon," and last "Eclipse," and there's a fourth one due out next fall.

I think people compare it to Harry Potter because it has that "what if" kind of feeling...you know, "maybe it could happen." The plot is ingenious really. The story is about a klutz who finds herself falling in love with a vampire...can you see the conflict? She's always falling down and bleeding, so he's always fighting the urge to finish her off. It's a lot of fun! If I were to put it a genre it would go under romance first, then para-normal. It's also REALLY leisurely reading...you'll find that you can't up them down.

Now go get them!! What are you waiting for?




5 comments:

Liz said...

Hear hear! I'm trying to wait on Eclipse until my birthday and it's killing me!!!! I loved the other two though!!

Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh, these are my favorite books EVER!!! I don't know anyone who hasn't loved them, so read them if you haven't! These are actually what convinced me to try Harry Potter because I've also heard people compare them. I'm on the waiting list at the library for the 3rd one, and if they don't call me soon I'm going to give in and buy it!

kristi said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE, these books. Someone in the book club I was in before we moved picked Twilight for the July book. I wasn't even going to read it because we were moving and I was going to read Harry Potter, but at the last minute I borrowed it for the long drive to Texas. Needless to say, I got hooked and a bit obsessed. It worked about perfectly because by the time I was done with the 1st two the 3rd was already out. So, I was able to read all 3 in about a week and a half. Sorry for the long windedness, but I just really love these books.

Skipper said...

That's so funny Kristi! I did the same thing. I picked up the 1st one because I was SO sick of everyone talking about it at work. 10 days later I had finished all three books. Now I'm starting over again!

kristi said...

I started reading them again too.