Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I'm Done!

with my Christmas shopping! A full two weeks in advance! I'm so stinkin' proud of myself! I think I did pretty good and hitting sales and waiting to get what I REALLY wanted to get for people so I hope they're all pleased. On my husband's side, there are only seven of us so we give to everyone. On my side, we give to a sibling and their family (or my youngest two siblings who are the eternal "couple" until they grow up and get married, poor kids!). A few things that helped me this year:
-I'm making a few of the presents, so I'm not really done but supply-wise, I'm done
-online shopping is the greatest! i love how it magically appears on your doorstep later on
-our Target is IN our mall! it is truly the greatest because it is the epitome of one-stop-shopping
-froogle.google.com. I LOVE google and I love froogle which lists products so you can find the best deals and where they're at
-at work my friends and I did a "not-so-secret-Santa" so you only had to get something for one person and my coworkers are donating to a family in need rather than presents for all of us.

I talked to my Mom this morning and she hasn't even started yet, so for those of you like her, good luck!

8 comments:

Claire said...

I'm jealous!! I'm so close to being done but I'm going to be out of town next week, so I'm really feeling the pressure!! Congratulations! Have fun wrapping... that's always my least favourite part

Amanda said...

I'm all done, too! Yippeee!

I do have one gift I am making that I haven't finished yet. But everything is purchased and nearly wrapped, too!

Tiffany said...

I'm pretty much done...I just have to wrap. I just have to say, "Amen!" to the internet shopping. I get so stressed when I go to malls...but also, prices are usually WAY cheaper! :)

Linz said...

froogle.google sounds awesome!

Liz said...

Claire, wrapping is my favorite part! In fact, when i go home to my Mom's, she brings me stacks and stacks of boxes with post its saying who it's to and I wrap for a few days and LOVE it! :)

Claire said...

Okay- when you move to Utah, I'm sooooo driving all my Christmas presents up to you!! Its totally worth the 10 hour drive!

Bethany said...

Wrapping presents it my favorite part too! (aside from opening my own on Christmas, of course.)

Liz said...

claire-too funny!