Sunday, June 17, 2007

Carseat Stiff Neck

Do you know what I'm talking about? It's when your baby finally graduates to a forward facing carseat and you're all excited. Only now, the carseat is sitting up and not at a nice recline like carriers. So all of a sudden napping becomes dangerous for her neck. Or at least uncomfortable! Every week, my little one falls asleep on the way home from church. She gets a lot of catnap time in the car as a matter of fact. But I feel so bad as I watch her little head bob and when I try to reach back and fix it, it does nothing! She just goes back. I don't think I put her carseat in wrong so I must not be the only one out there with this problem. On our last road trip though, I felt so bad for hour after hour of head bobbing action. Have any of you figured out a way to help this problem????

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

We just installed our bigger carseat, and you can recline it in the rear facing position. Are you not supposed to recline it once it's forward facing? Sorry to answer a question with a question, but I'm just learning this stuff myself!

Liz said...

Ours can recline too but it doesn't seem like as much as the rear-facing so she just seems to be sitting up a lot more. I should try reclining it more though. I think you can recline it as long as it fits well with the car. Thanks for the idea!

Katie said...

My daughter's doesn't recline as much now that it's forward facing. She didn't get to face forward until a few weeks ago (she's 21 months) because she wasn't heavy enough, but we've had to try to move her head a few times when she falls asleep now because of her neck. I think it depends on the carseat, but I wish hers reclined a little more, too.