Tuesday, June 12, 2007

In need of Dr. Laura

So my husband and I are in an awkward predicament and we need help solving this matter with our neighbors. In January our neighbors that live directly below us talked to us about getting a router so they could use our wireless internet and split the bill with us. It sounded great at the time. Our bill was small and it wasn't really that big of a deal, but now our bill has doubled because it has been six months and it is really bugging me that our neighbors have only paid for 2 of the six months. Should this bother me?? I've talked to them and just asked if they still want to help pay for it and they said they forgot, but still haven't done anything and another month has gone by. I don't want to be unkind or make things awkward...what would you do in this situation?

8 comments:

Liz said...

I would ask them again to be polite and then I'd shut off the internet or change the password if they don't pay so that at least they aren't taking advantage of you. Maybe that's harsh but they're putting yhou in an awkward situation.

Kage said...

CUT EM OFF....it's YOUr hard earned money, not there's, and you can lovingly explain that to them or CUT EM OFF

Linz said...

Tell them it's not working out and cut them off. They are the rude ones. You shouldn't worry about what they think of you. They are inconsiderate.

Bethany said...

I agree with everything that's been said. In addition ... I think you should give them a bill. They still owe you for the four months they didn't paid.

Stephanie said...

You are totally getting taken advantage of! Especially because they approached you about using YOUR internet! With that said, I know it's a lot easier said than done to confront someone. (At least it is for me!) Good luck!

kristi said...

You should definitely end the internet sharing agreement. They did not forget. I think I would probably remember each time I used the internet. Just remember It's not personal it's business.

Stephanie is right, it is easier said than done, but sometimes you just need to be firm.

Natalie said...

The hard thing is: We have to pay the same anyway....and my husband doesn't think it's a big deal at all and doesn't know why it bothers me so bad! It's seems you all feel the same way I do about this one.

Jen said...

I would start typing up a bill that you send to them to show them how much they owe you then keep sending them the bill each month. Tell them it's just to remind them of thier portion because without a notice it is easy to forget. If that doesn't work I'd cut them off.