Monday, June 18, 2007

Frozen Corn on the Cob

Okay, this is a totally random post. I was buying frozen veggies the other day, and saw a bag of Green Giant half corn cobs. My three year old LOVES corn on the cob, so I got them, thinking that she'd be in seventh heaven, and we'd be able to get through next winter without her pining for some. Unfortunately, it was totally chewy and inedible. Even my daughter took one bite and wouldn't touch it again. Granted, maybe it was my fault for steaming them in the microwave (like I do with every other frozen veggie) instead of boiling them, but I think my daughter will have to be having a serious craving in the dead of winter before I think about getting those again! Thank goodness it's summer, and we can just buy fresh!

1 comment:

Linz said...

Thanks for the warning!

Growing up in Illinois the phrase we knew was "Knee High by the 4th of July", referring to corn. Should be yummy pretty soon here!