Monday, July 23, 2007

I'm such a dork!

Today is one of those days where I am dilligently working my way through my to-do list. However, it seems like I'm not getting very many things crossed off, for how much work I've done! I keep getting busy doing other (also important) things, that aren't on the list! So what do I do? I write them down anyway, just so I can cross them off! I know, I know, I'm a dork. It's not even like I'm married to the kind of guy I feel like I have to report to at the end of the day. It's totally for myself. Somehow, it just makes me feel better to look at a long list of things I've accomplished at the end of the day. Anyone else do this, or am I alone here? :)

7 comments:

Liz said...

I so do that!!!! I even add the trivial things like making my bed or running to Michael's on the really bad days! Just so I feel productive!!!! :)

Linz said...

You are sooo not alone! I LOVE lists!!

Unknown said...

I totally do that too!

Liz said...

My Mom has a comic strip hanging on her desk that reads something like
To Do:
1. Breathe In
2. Breathe Out

Todd and Andrea said...

It's the little things we do that add up to what we call accomplishments. Just remember, there's nothing more important on your list than your baby, and your husband. Time goes by way too quickly!

Bethany said...

Lists can be good. I like them as long as I see things checked off. Otherwise I think it's dumb. ha ha.

I say, start keeping your lists in your journal. Then you can look back when your old and your kids/grand kids can see it. To make it fun add random things like "Dug mote (sp?) around house." or like the comic "Breathe in & out!"

Aubreydoll said...

I totally write things down on my list just so I can cross them off! Also, as an example, instead of writing clean kitchen I write

-unload dishwasher
-load dishwasher
-wash dishes
-wipe down counters, etc.

That way I feel like I did a LOT more at the end of the day. Plus, it's not as daunting when you're also trying to take care of your little one!