Friday, September 21, 2007

Alligator Chopper

I searched high and low for an easier way to chop onions (including the Pampered Chef food chopper, which apparently works for everyone but me), and finally found this at Crate and Barrel 4-5 years ago (it's still there--I checked). It's a bit pricey at $20-30, and there are cheaper ($10) versions now at Bed Bath & Beyond and Target which may work just as well. However, if this ever breaks (which honestly seems impossible, other than the little self-cleaning screen that eventually cracked in one spot because we kept bending it to put it in the silverware containter in the dishwasher), I would happily plunk down $30 for a new one--and that's saying a lot from me! :)

3 comments:

Liz said...

i've always wanted to try one of these!

Unknown said...

It's also great when you want small dices of other things, like green pepper, etc.

Liz said...

Laura, is it easy to wash? I have one of those choppers and i rarely use it becuase it's a pain to wash!