Monday, September 17, 2007

A New Throne


Any good recommendations for a good potty chair? My 19 month old is young, but so fascinated with me going to the bathroom, I figure she might as well sit with me rather than just stare at me! :) She's showing all the early signs-hiding to go to the bathroom, she tells me when she's pooped and actually brings me diapers and lays down to get changed when she feels wet! The research I've done so far loves the baby bjorn chair but I thought I'd see what those of you who've done this before have found works well.

3 comments:

kristi said...

I have never bought a potty chair. My oldest sat right on the toilet with nothing. My second had a Dora seat that went on the toilet, but he really didn't use it. So, sorry I am no help.

Brianna said...

I personally wouldn't use a "miniture seat" at all. It creates a false sense of going potty on the toilet. Simply said, it creates an extra step in the process. If you start on a regular toilet then there won't be a second transition. The child goes straight from the diapers to the toilet...eliminating the middle man. In everything I have learned it says to cut out the "miniture seat" (More confusion and transition for the child). Just buy the smaller seats that fit directly onto the regular toilet seat. Good Luck!

Chantel said...

Well we bought a smaller toilet for my first, but found she didn't want to use it, she wanted to use the big toilet like mommy. We ended up geting a plastic stepstool, so we could better sanitize it when there were accidents, and a padded smaller seat with handles, which helped her get up better. She loved it and then I was soon able to teach her to flush it herself, without any yucky bowl that could be spilled or figured through.