Saturday, September 29, 2007

Surviving Public Bathrooms


I have an aversion to public restrooms. I hate them and will do a lot to avoid them. However, I had the most pleasant experience at one this week. Our local mall is totally family friendly. They give out crayons and coloring pages to the kids, have a play area for kids, the food court and play area have hand sanitizer dispensers and I discovered their bathrooms recently. Mall bathrooms are usually nothing to rave about. But this one is. I walked back to the bathroom area and the entry is a sitting area with comfy couches and several changing counters with all the amenities for diaper changing. The mens and women's rooms are to the left, but to the right there are two nursing rooms and two family bathrooms. The family bathrooms are the coolest. They are normal bathrooms, plus a miniature toilet, sink and hand dryer close to toddler height! Plus, they have one of these. It's a fold down wall seat to keep your kid in one place if you need to go and don't have a stroller, etc. I think these are so cool. And much better than the other option (see the cute baby to the right) I found while searching for a pic of a wall-mounted chair. So for someone who holds it at all costs until she gets home, I was quite pleased with how family friendly this bathroom area was.

When you gotta go, you gotta go, but what are your essentials to having a pleasing public experience???

1 comment:

Linz said...

Wow, that's a nifty seat! Could have used one of those a bunch of times. I like when there is a garbage can right by the exit door so that I can use my paper towel to open the door and toss my towel in the trash as I walk out.