Friday, September 21, 2007

Oreo Cakesters


So this might be a silly product review, but if you're like me, you've seen these and wondered, hmmm, are they any good? The answer is yes! They are soft, yummy chocolate cookies with the good-ole-don't-think-about-what-it's-made-of white stuff inside! My mom in law bought us some and we enjoyed them thoroughly. Do they replace oreos? Nope, but they're good in their own right. 4.5 stars

A room mate in college taught me to make homemade oreos and they are so yummy. So if you just want to make your own:
Mix:
1 chocolate cake mix
3/4 cup shortening
2 eggs

The batter will be thick. Roll into balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Cook at 375*F for 5-8 minutes until they crack. Make sandwiches with your favorite frosting and enjoy!

2 comments:

Linz said...

I have tried these and, I agree, they are very yummy.

Unknown said...

I've been wondering about these! Thanks for the tip!