Monday, September 24, 2007

Hi Everyone!

Hello! I'm Jenny Lowe (aka Jen... I added my last initial to my name since I see there is another Jen). I'm really excited to be apart of this blog! I've been reading for about 2 weeks now and figured I should just join :) I know quite a few of you from MI, and I used to live above Lindsay and Nate at the Living Center.

I've been married to Michael for almost 2 1/2 years, and we have a beautiful daughter, Margaret. She is 10 1/2 months old and a JOY to have in our lives! Earlier this month she started standing on her own, so we're getting excited for those first steps to happen. She loves dogs (that was her first word other than "ma ma" and "da da") and calls everything from squirrels to deer dogs. But I love being a mommy, and I'm so blessed to be able to stay at home with her!


We currently live in Ithaca, NY and LOVE it here! The saying is "Ithaca is Gorges" and I think you can see why at right. This is my favorite gorge/waterfall. Michael is attending Cornell for his PhD in Chemistry. So we'll be in the area for about 5 years. But the area is fantastic, and I could live here the rest of my life! If anyone plans a trip to Palmyra, let me know! We have lots of floor space :) That's our temple district and we're about 1 1/2 hrs away.


I love cooking/baking, sewing, canning, camping, being outside, finding new ways to save money, reading, painting, photography, being with Michael (which is rare these days), and of course, spending my days with Margaret. I currently teach piano lessons and studied vocal performance at Central Michigan University.
I think that's about it. Anything you want to know, just ask :) OH!! I read in a past post (from april I think) that someone has a brother serving in the New York Utica mission... well we live in that mission! I'm sorry, I can't remember who wrote the post but what is your brother's name? Maybe we'll meet him :)

8 comments:

Liz said...

Welcome to the group!

Linz said...

Welcome!!!!

Didn't realize you were in NY. That is awesome!

It's Stacibee's bro and he is Elder Clark!

Amanda said...

Welcome welcome! It is always fun to add another one to the group.

I have been to Ithaca, it is definitely pretty there!

Unknown said...

We're so glad you've joined us!

Stephanie said...

Welcome Jenny! I'm glad you like New York, I had heard that you moved there.

stacibee said...

Ha, ha! That's my cute brother! His name is Elder Preston Clark and he is AWESOME! Please keep an eye out for him. Good to meet you!

Bethany said...

Welcome Jen!

Tiffany said...

Welcome to the group!