Monday, September 10, 2007

ELF Product Review

We received a great tip on a great deal on makeup a few weeks ago and I want to know what everyone thinks of their new makeup! I got mine last week so some of you must have yours by now.

A few things I learned in the mean time. I did a search for ELF and Nordstrom and the only thing that came up was a rumor control report that said that ELF had been shown on Oprah but was not connected to Nordstrom or Bloomingdale's and never had been. hmmmm... not sure if my source was correct either, but it was interesting.

When I got mine, the first thing I noticed was one of the things I ordered was not there. There was a sheet that said they were out and I'd be credited for it. Not back-ordered, just no more of them. Then, I went on the website and it said it was still in stock. hmmmm..... The next thing I noticed was everything looked smaller than it had online. But that was no biggie-the stuff was only $.50 for crying out loud!!!!

I am not a big makeup person. Makeup for me is a Sunday or date affair. I'm not a makeup expert. I stick to mascara, eye shadow (sometimes) and lip gloss. This time I ventured out for some coverup though-once, again, $.50!!! Yeah, things looked smaller and the lip gloss doesn't taste good (my very expert quality test!) So, since I don't know much about makeup and since it was such a good deal, I wasn't expecting much either. So I was not disappointed!

Things I liked: good colors on the lip glosses and eye shadow, the mascara worked fine (my current mascara was four years old, people!) and it was only a dollar!!!! Even the cheap stuff at the supermarket is 3 or 4 dollars and this was only a dollar!!!!

What did you think? How many stars?

11 comments:

Linz said...

I had one item missing as well but it was something I had bought duplicates of for stocking stuffers so it wasn't too big a deal for me. That is strange that it says it's in stock on-line though, Liz&Meg.

I put all eyeshadow, no matter what brand, over a touch tint for eyes from Clinique to make the shadow last. I've never had success with color staying no matter what brand unless I do that. So that being said, I was very happy with the eyeshadow. The color was fabulous. For the price, I think it was awesome. I got so much stuff for the same price as that little tube of touch tint for eyes from Clinique (which actually is worth it to me since it lasts me like a year). I have yet to try my lip gloss and I was happy with my brushes and bronzer.

kristi said...

I was very happy with the stuff I got. Luckily for me, make-up stays VERY well on my face for some reason. I recieved everything that I ordered, but my friend who I ordered with was missing like 3 things. So, she was pretty bummed about that.

Amanda said...

yeah my order was missing a few things, as well. I haven't checked to see if they have credited my card back.

Thanks for doing some homework - I never even searched to verify if elf was really sold at Nordstrom. Overall, since it was so inexpensive, I am happy with it. The lipgloss is great and doesn't dry my lips out. I like the colors of eye shadow as well. My fave thing is some of the brushes I got. The eye shadow brush is AWESOME. I am tempted to get online and buy more of them.

Liz said...

I'm glad to hear the brushes were good-the applicator that came with my eye shadow was broken so i may try that too. and my gloss was great for staying on and looking good!

Aubreydoll said...

There were four items missing from my order so I was a little bummed out about that, but everything else I got was great! I loved the colors of the eyeshadow and I love the lipgloss. I agree that everything was smaller than it looked (and now I'm wishing I had gotten a compact to put it in) but it was only $.50 so I can't complain! All in all, I'm very happy with everything.

Stephanie said...

I agree with all the above. The items that were missing in my order were the colors I was most excited about, so that was a bummer. And I haven't figured out the eye widener pencil I got. But I tried an all over color stick, and I love it. Overall, worth .50!

Joni said...

I also had a couple of missing items, but they threw in some free eye makeup remover pads. (Which I tried and they stung my eyes. Yes, I had them closed.) If I'd paid more I think I would have been disappointed, but overall it was good. I, too, especially like the brushes. I give the products 3 out of 5 stars, but the value five stars.

Skipper said...

I'd give it 5 stars! I was a little surprised with the small size, and a little bummed with the missing items, BUT...I LOVE everything.

The makeup stays on my face all day and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors. The "Neutral" eyeshadow is a staple item for me now, and I am having a love affair with the Bronzer...I swear I'll NEVER use blush again. It is very natural looking. LOVE IT!!!

stacibee said...

I haven't made my order yet, but I'm curious. What did you do about the make up that you didn't receive? Are they good to get you your money back?

Natalie said...

Great product for what you pay for. I have really enjoyed the brushes, eyeshadow and bronzer. I usually order more expensive makeup, and it was nice to have a change that was well....a LOT less expensive. 4 out of 5 stars...you can't beat the price.

Abby said...

i ordered some of that stuff a long time ago and I didnt love it.. Im not a huge make up person at all... but I really didnt like the stuff... but what do you expect when its a buck!