Monday, November 19, 2007

New to the Group

Hello Sugar & Spice girls! My name is Claire and I’ve been lurking and commenting on this blog for several weeks now and I’m so excited that Lindsay invited me to join. I think this blog is such a great idea! I lived down the hall from Nate and Lindsay during my freshman year of college… Nate use to take my trash out for me! He’s such a sweet guy!! Linz got a good one!

I live in the Phoenix area with my husband Scott and darling little girl, Cecelia Shannon. Scott is a police officer and I’m a mom. He loves his job and I absolutely love mine! I started college at MSU studying Interior Design, but have since put school on hold to have a family. I hope to eventually finish my degree; though I’m not sure I will finish with Interior Design… we’ll see what happens! For now, I’m perfectly content to be at home with Cecelia.

I met Scott 4 years ago, during my freshman year. He was serving his mission in Lansing and was one of the elders assigned to my student ward. It wasn’t until I moved to Utah and he got home from his mission that we got in touch and decided that we liked each other. He came up to Utah to visit me after about a month and a half of talking on the phone. By the time his 5 day visit ended he had proposed and 2 weeks later I moved down to Arizona to be with him. We got married in August of 2005. I actually had a huge crush on him while he was on his mission, but it wasn’t until he got home that he had any interest in me! But that’s how it should be, so it worked out perfectly! Six months after we got married we bought a house that we’ve had a lot of fun painting and remodeling. 10 months after our wedding we found out I was pregnant. Cecelia joined our family in March 25, 2007, 14 days after her due date!!


I love to spend time with my family, scrapbook, sew, play piano, read, cook, sing, shop, and travel. My big project for the moment is starting an organization for the wives of police officers in our city. Among other things, we hope to offer gun safety courses for the wives and children of police officers and raise money to help the families of local officers who are wounded or killed in the line of duty.

8 comments:

Linz said...

Welcome! Love the pic of your sweet girl. I'd really like to hear more about your "wives of police officers" project sometime.

Bethany said...

Welcome Welcome Claire! Your daughter is adorable! I too would like to hear about the organization you're working on.

Liz said...

Welcome to the group!

Amanda said...

Welcome welcome! I've seen your comments and have wondered who you are! I live in the valley of the sun, too!

The Schacher Family said...

Hurray! You are an official member!

Unknown said...

Welcome! It's always fun to have a new Spice girl (or Sugar girl, depending on your personality). :)

Tiffany said...

Welcome to the group! Cute picture of your daughter! :)

NTG said...

Welcome to Sugar and Spice Claire!! You and your family are awesome. Tell your hubby I said HI. He was an excellent missionary. I was always really impressed by him. I don't impress easily when it comes to missionaries, so that is saying something.