Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Videos for Toddlers

Any suggestions for videos that are somewhat educational or stimulating for ages 1+? I don't really make a habit out of sticking my little one in front of the television. However, I like to have some videos on hand for those occasions when I am trying to make dinner or something, and she doesn't want to be anywhere but hanging on my legs! We have several Baby Einstein videos that we have loved, but I think we're (all) over them! We don't have cable television, so Nickelodeon and those options are out too. I would love to hear any suggestions of videos, sing alongs, whatever, that you and your kids have loved!

8 comments:

Liz said...

We currently eat, sleep, drink ELMO at our house. He doesn't bother me, yet. So I rent videos from the library or look for sing-along song videos that have short segments to keep her interest.

Kage said...

shameless plug:
www.eebee.com...my kids love it even to age 4, and it has nothing to do with the fact that their mom is in it, they just love that puppet.

Claire said...

We love any Disney movie. Granted, Cecelia only watches for about 3 minutes, but at least they don't annoy Scott and I!! I have a friend with a 19 month old who also is a big fan of Disney movies.

kristi said...

My 2 year old just LOVES Dora. My 3 1/2 year old does too. Before that we were also very into Elmo.

Chantel said...

Wiggles. My kids love to sing and dance, and the Wiggles do a good job a making it fun.

Katie said...

My 2 year old daughter is also into Elmo. Another VERY popular one with her is Backyardigans - she loves to sing and dance with them!

Unknown said...

My kids love almost all of the above, plus Mommy & Me (we got it free in a pre-baby bag from the OB, but I'm sure you could order one too).

The Schacher Family said...

My son is 14 months and loves the kidsongs videos. They are from when I was little but you can buy them on ebay or off their website for way cheap.They are mostly singing and it is all kids which helps keep the attention. The website is www.kidsongs.com.