Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Book Recommendation


I thought I'd share a recommendation for a great book I am reading. It is called "Mothering with Spiritual Power," by Debra Sansing Woods. You can get it at Desert, Seagull, etc. It's not very long or expensive, and I have found it to be really uplifting and inspiring. She likens different scriptures, and stories in the scriptures, to every day mothering situations. One of my favorite chapters for instance, talks about how the Savior took the time to bless all the children one by one. She then likes that to the importance of spending time with each of your children one on one, and knowing what is going on in their lives. I like it too because I can sit down and just read a chapter or two at a time, highlighting things that stand out to me, and it doesn't matter if I don't pick it up again for a week. (I don't find a lot of time to read these days.) Anyway, I hope you will find a chance to read this!

4 comments:

Linz said...

Cool, thanks!

Liz said...

thanks for sharing! I saw this the last time I was in Utah and was intrigued!

Claire said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying the book... I keep seeing it at Deseret Book and thinking I should buy it. I'll have to make a trip up there to get it

Unknown said...

I always love book recommendations!