Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sweet and Sour Chicken

Sauce recipe:

1 cup chicken broth
3/4 cup vinegar
7 T. ketchup
2 T. soy sauce
1 1/2 cup brown sugar

Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Dip them in whipped eggs (about 3) and then in a flour, salt, and pepper mixture. Stir-fry in EVOO until cooked through. Add chopped veggies of your choice (we always do broccoli, carrots, and onion). Stir-fry. Meanwhile boil sauce. Once it's bubbling, add to the chicken and veggies and stir. I usually let it sit on low or on no heat to let the sauce settle a bit. This amount of sauce can make a large dish: about 6 servings.

My mom introduced me to fragrant Jasmine rice. It is delicious with this recipe and smells so awesome. The brand I use is RICELAND: Jasmine Thai Fragrant rice. I've seen it in Chicago and Texas so I'm thinking it might be found in many areas.

1 comment:

Claire said...

Oooh! Yummy!! Cecelia is having a "Hawaiian" first birthday party, and I'm wanting to make Sweet and Sour for it. I might have to give this recipe a try soon.