Sunday, February 10, 2008

Roast Beef

I've been a little slow getting crock pot recipes to post. I thought I cooked in my crock pot a lot, but apparently I don't!! There is one recipe in particular that I wanted to share, but I can't find it ANYWHERE!! I'm really sad because it was one of my all time favourite winter recipes. Its called Jamaican Beef Stew... if any of you have the recipe I would love to get it from you!

My favourite thing to make in the crock pot is Roast Beef. So simple, and pretty much fool-proof. Plus, its a great fake-out meal, because it seems pretty fancy when you serve it up, but its so easy. So, here are my two favourite ways to make roast beef...

Roast Beef
#1- Take a hunk of beef (I usually use rump roast) and stick it in the crock pot with some salt, pepper, garlic and 1 to 2 onions, cut in half. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for about 8 hours. Seriously, EASY!! Then I usually make the drippings into gravy.



#2- Take a hunk of beef and stick it in the crock pot with some salt, pepper and 1-2 cans of Campbells Golden Mushroom Soup concentrate. Do not add water. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for about 8 hours. The combination of the mushroom soup and beef drippings makes the richest, yummiest gravy.



I have tons of yummy side dishes that I serve with roast beef, our family favourite being Yorkshire Puddings. I'll post that recipe during the week for side dishes.

3 comments:

Linz said...

I think you made that beef stew for me once and gave me the recipe for it. I will look!

Claire said...

Linz, if you have that recipe you will make my day! I've been looking for it for the past 2 years and I can't find it ANYWHERE!!!

Linz said...

I haven't had any luck yet, Claire...I usually lose things when I move! But I can picture it, you put a moose sticker on it. I have not given up yet!