Monday, February 18, 2008

Chicken recipe

I have not yet tried this recipe but my mom sent it to me and said it was FABULOUS! It is from Real Simple, it's low in fat, and it makes your house smell wonderful! Here is what she sent me:

1 4lb chicken, cut into 8 pieces (I used chicken breasts from Costoc and cut them into 8 pieces)
3 T whole grain mustard (I used dijon)
2 T soy sauce
4 small carrots, cut in half, crosswise (I used a whole bag)
1 medium fennel bulb, cut into wedges
1 red onion, cut into wedges
8 sprigs thyme
2 T olive oil

Heat oven to 400

Combine mustard, soy sauce, and some pepper in a bowl.

In another bowl, combine the veggies and thyme with olive oil and salt and pepper. Stir to coat.

Place the veggies in the bottom of a roasting pan. Drag the chicken through the mustard and soysauce mixture to coat, and nestle it amongst the veggies.

Roast until chicken is cooked and veggies are tender about 45 to 50 minutes.

No comments: