Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Biggest Loser Challenge - Week 1

Ready for the challenge this week? This is a challenge everyone can do - pregnant or not!!!!

This weeks challenge is to get at least 5 servings of fruits/veggies in per day. If you are already doing this, increase your intake by 1 serving per day.

Here are some helpful reminders about what is a serving size:

  • One medium-size fruit
  • 1/2 cup raw, cooked, frozen or canned fruits (in 100% juice) or vegetables
  • 3/4 cup (6 oz.) 100% fruit or vegetable juice
  • 1/2 cup cooked, canned or frozen legumes (beans and peas)
  • 1 cup raw, leafy vegetables
  • 1/4 cup dried fruit

Good luck!!!

3 comments:

Claire said...

Woohoo!! I can do this!!

Good challenge. I'm excited. This is definitely an area I need to improve in... for myself and for Cecelia!

The Stump Clan said...

This is good, I need this. Fruits I usually do ok with, but I never get close to enough vegetables, so hopefully this challenge will motivate me to do better. thanks.

highdeekay said...

This should have been brought up with good snacks but 1/2 C raisins = a serving of fruit and makes a great snack if you need something sweet and chewy.