Saturday, March 29, 2008

Home Decor Ideas

I'm looking for a little inspiration. I'm starting to feel like lots of the home decor in my lil' apartment is getting old, you know what I mean? I'm getting sort of bored with it and am looking to change things up a bit. There are, however, a few limitations, the main one being cost.

So, do you have any decorations or craftiness in your home that you absolutely LOVE and want to share with others? I found this idea on another website and I love, love, love it. Who needs a headboard when you can get cute mirrored frames like that? Next time I'm near IKEA, I'm going to make sure to purchase those babies (only $1.99 each!)

Break out the camera and snap a few shots of some decorating ideas in your homes. I'd love to see them, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Big projects or small, post 'em!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Linz said...

I tend to decorate a lot with photos. I feel like you can't go wrong with seeing the faces of people you love. I try to match picture frames in certain rooms or do themes like black & white. One of my favorite frames is in my daughter's room. There are spaces for three photos and I have one of her, and one of both my husband and I when we were young. I also have a few photo collages from Snapfish in my home.

Something else I like in my home are a few vintage posters of cities where we've lived.

I also like paper lanterns and stars and they are always cheap. My favorite lamp is like a 6 foot tall paper hourglass type shape that stands on the floor from Ikea. I think it was like $20.

Wish I was more creative!!

Linz said...

P.S. I am intrigued by this site but haven't purchased anything...yet.

http://www.whatisblik.com/walldecals.html

Claire said...

I love using vinyl. I have vinyl lettering on my walls and I use small vinyl cutouts to decorate as well. For example- at Christmas, I got some vinyl snowflakes and stuck them on the canisters in my kitchen for a little extra Christmas cheer! My friend Kim from Urban Lettering cuts all my vinyl projects for me and she does a fabulous job.

Stephanie said...

I am no decorating pro, but you can get a lot of great stuff at places like Marshall's, Ross, TJ Maxx, or whatever store like that is near you, for great costs. Places like Hobby Lobby (again, I don't know what stores are near you) have great sales a lot, as well as clearance aisles, and you can put together arrangements of silk flowers in cool vases, etc. I like looking at magazines like Pottery Barn, and then trying to copy it with a way lower budget. In summary, check out clearance items in the home decor section of whatever store you're in!

Unknown said...

I found great vinyl wall decals on:
http://www.thesurfacestore.com
I bought one from the "baroque" line