Sunday, March 9, 2008

I haven't had much to contribute this round-I feel like I already gave my faves last time. But here's a few for this week's category:


Lasagna Margherite (off one of the online recipe sites, I don't remember which!)

26 oz jar tomato basil pasta sauce
15 oz carton ricotta cheese
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1/4 tsp salt
6 (I use a few more) lasagna noodles
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
2 tbsp fresh basil

Spread 1/2 cup pasta sauce in an 8 in square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine ricotta, 1/3 cup basil, pepper, and salt. Arange 2 noodles over sauce, top with ricotta mixture and 3/4 cup sauce. Repeat layers, ending with noodles. Spread remaining sauce over noodles. Cover and bake at 450 for 25 minutes or until noodles are tender and sauce is bubbly. Uncover, top with parmesan and 2 tbsp basil and bake additional 5 minutes.

Note: This has kind of a strong basil taste, so you may want to cut back a little on the basil


Scalloped Corn:

1 can whole kernel corn
1 can cream style corn
1 stick melted margarine
8 oz sour cream
1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix

Mix all together and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees. I think of it as kind of a corn "mush." I love the taste and it's SO easy. We like to take it to potluck dinners!


Sweet Potato Casserole (This came from a Mennonite Church Recipe Book, and is SO yummy!):

3 cups sweet potatoes,cooked and smashed{I use canned sw.potato}You can also substitute canned pumpkin for part of it if you are doubling or tripling the recipe

1/4 to 1/2 cup brown sugar

1/2 tsp. salt

1/4 cup butter, melted

1/2 cup milk

TOPPING:

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/3 cup flour

3 Tbsp. butter,melied

1 cup chopped nuts{I use Walnuts}


COMBINE sweet potatoes,sugar,salt,butter and milk.Place in a greased 1 1/2 quart or 3 quart if doubled casserole dish and sprinkle the topping over it. Bake at 350 degrees until bubbly (apprx. 30-40 minutes)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I make the Scalloped Corn all of the time for potlucks. (I was using Paula Dean's recipe and had changed it up to be the same as the one you listed.) I actually have people complain to me when I don't make it! Have you tried using a Honey Cornbread mix? It's a nice variation.