Friday, January 26, 2007

Maternity Clothes

I hope it doesn't seem as though all I think about is clothing, because I promise, it's not. But...my husband and I were talking the other day about maternity clothing and my very own collection. This last pregnancy I had a couple really gracious friends who were so great and let me borrow most of their maternity clothes. Because I was able to do that, I've found that I'm missing some of the basics in my "collection." While we were discussing it, my husband made this really great statement that I was SO thrilled about, "Well hun, why don't you invest in some of those basic clothes now while we have dual incomes, versus the next time you're actually pregnant and we only have one." So...I'm coming to you ladies asking for the best deals and places that you found maternity clothes. I don't like to spend lots of money on stuff like that, I'm all about sales and discounts. Please post what you've found through your experience. Thanks!!

5 comments:

Linz said...

My maternity clothes were for the summer season and I was happiest with Old Navy as far as style and price (Old Navy is my favorite for baby clothes right now too!). I actually found a few really great maternity buys at Kohls too, however.

stacibee said...

I saw this morning on the TODAY show that Target's Liz Lange Maternity jeans are some of the most comfortable and affordable. Only like $27.99 or something. I think I'm gonna check it out.

Natalie said...

I love Ross. I found stuff there, but you just have to keep your eye out for the deals. I also checked the newspaper and went to garage sales (I know it's brave) but found some way cute stuff! I found garage sales where they listed a house up where I knew people had money and got this whole ladies wordrobe. It was sweet because i washed them all up extra great and they were one-of-a-kind clothes. Also check out E-bay. It sounds crazy I know, but I found some great maternity clothes there.

katie said...

I found that there is a Gap Clearance outlet (so doubly cheap) that also has Old Navy and Banana Republic apparel in it at the Birch Run outlets. They have a maternity section that is clearance of the outlet prices! I would imagine that there are similar stores at other large outlet malls if you don't live near Birch Run.

Anonymous said...

If you go to Target and look at the clearance racks sometimes you will find great stuff for super cheap. I am talking $3 to $5. YOu have to look hard sometimes, but it can be worth it.