Tuesday, January 30, 2007

One More Katie...




Why did I name my daughter Reagan? Well growing up with the name Katie really made me like the less-common names. Don't get me wrong, I like the name Katie - but being in a class with 5 other Katies wasn't the easiest when the professor just called on "Katie." So here is my 4 1/2 month old, Reagan Mackenzie.

How did I end up on this blog? Well, I too got to know the wonderful Lindsay while attending MSU. I also worked with her equally wonderful husband, Nate, at the Physical Plant on campus. I met my husband, Rick, in the University Ward, and we were married in May of 2004. I finished school just in time to have my first child, and graduated with my BS in Parks, Recreation and Tourism Resources. My husband will be graduating in May with his Masters in Accounting.

Reagan was born September 12th, had surgery at 3 days old, and was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis in less than two weeks. Although her first month here was the hardest time in my life, she is more then worth it. And lucky for me, Stephanie took care of her in the NICU, up until Steph had her baby girl. Reagan is so much fun, and has such a personality. Her expressions are endless, and she always makes me laugh.

I think this blog was a great idea. It is so nice to be able to talk to women who value their role as mothers so much. I look forward to sharing and learning from all of you.

3 comments:

kristi said...

What a little cutie you have. Was she in the NICU at Sparrow? My first son had to spend the first week of his life there. Your right it was the hardest thing and they are worth it. He is as healthy as can be and I am so glad the NICU was there. I know your sister Molly. How is she doing?

Linz said...

She does have such cute expressions!

Stephanie said...

Man, I love that girl! I'm getting ready to upload this month's pictures on Snapfish, and I was cracking up again, looking at the ones of Reagan and Skyler, and us attempting to get a picture of the four of us!